The International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) is a non-profit organization which represents an international network of people from all over the world who are committed to bringing books and children together.
to promote international understanding through children's books
- to give children everywhere the opportunity to have access to books with high literary and artistic standards
- to encourage the publication and distribution of quality children's books, especially in developing countries
- to provide support and training for those involved with children and children's literature
- to stimulate research and scholarly works in the field of children's literature
- to protect and uphold the Rights of the Child according to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) has sections and branches in 33 European countries. IBBY Europe has a Facebook page that relays information on Children's literature and reading in Europe and abroad, and a newsletter, published in April and November, that promotes the activities of the National Sections in Europe.